Bring the family to enjoy the 2011 Helldorado Parade, set for 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 14. Approximately 110 parade entries are expected to march down Fourth Street in downtown Las Vegas fom Gass Avenue to Ogden Avenue. (See parade map.) Thousands of people line the downtown parade route every year, and the parade also is broadcast live by Cox Communications on cable channel 96 and streamed online at www.Cox96.net . KCLV Channel 2 will re-broadcast the parade in the following days. A fireworks show will be launched from the Fremont Street Experience parking garage immediately after the parade.
Enjoy Advance Events, Rodeo, Carnival, Parade, Fireworks, Exhibits, Food Vendors
The annual Las Vegas Helldorado Days will be celebrated in rapidly re-energizing Downtown Las Vegas
May 11-15 with community and Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) rodeos, carnival, parade, fireworks, exhibits, food vendors and special tributes.
Planned events include:
· Art Show & Auction through May 1 at Las Vegas Elks Lodge;
· Sahara Coins Helldorado Treasure Hunt April 30-May 15;
· Helldorado Shootout Charity Golf Tournament & Banquet at Siena Golf Course May 6-7;
· Ranch Sorting at the Downtown Rodeo Grounds 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 11-12;
· “Cowboys for a Cure” Wear Pink Night Helldorado Rodeo at the Downtown Rodeo Grounds 7 p.m. Thursday, May 12; arena pre-show 6 p.m.
· Helldorado Carnival, Exhibits and food vendors at the Downtown Rodeo Grounds May 12-15;
· “The Final Ride” Tribute to Mayor Oscar B. Goodman and Mayor Pro Tem Gary Reese, Friday, May 13; arena pre-show 7 p.m., rodeo 8 p.m.
· Whiskerino Contest at the Downtown Rodeo Grounds 6 p.m. Friday, May 13;
· PRCA Pro Rodeo at the Downtown Rodeo Grounds May 13-15;
· Helldorado Parade 7 p.m. Saturday, May 14, downtown on Fourth Street between Gass and Ogden avenues;
· Fireworks launched from the Fremont Street Experience parking garage parade;
· Elks Hall of Fame Night at the Rodeo, 9 p.m., May 14; arena pre-show 8 p.m.
· Tribute to Our Veterans Night at the Rodeo, 7 p.m., May 15.